Support Our Athletic Teams
The Athletic Program at St. Pascal Regional Catholic School is open to all students in grades 6-8. 5th Graders may be invited to participate only in case of strong interest and/or the need to fill out a roster. Our teams participate in an interscholastic program coordinated by the Catholic Athletic Association (CAA). Any student in grades 6-8 may participate, as long as he/she is in compliance with school policies on eligibility. It is the policy of St. Pascal Regional Catholic School that no athlete is ever “cut” from a team. The following sports are offered at St. Pascal Regional Catholic School: volleyball, soccer, basketball, baseball, fast pitch softball, golf, and track—dependent on sufficient number of students.
Sign-up for Winter sports usually takes place in late October. The following sports are offered in the winter:
- Basketball (Boys’ and Girls’ teams) — Whenever possible, we will offer a boys’ team and a girls’ team at grade level (in other words, a Sixth Grade team, a Seventh Grade team and an Eighth Grade team). Grade levels will sometimes need to be combined due to lack of numbers in a particular grade. Basketball teams will typically begin practice in early November. Games are played once a week from early December until mid- February. Teams will often play 1-3 weekend tournaments during the season.
Sign-up for spring sports usually takes place in early March. The following sports are offered in the Spring:
- Baseball (Boys’ team) — Practices begin indoors in mid or late March. Games are held late afternoons from mid-April until mid-May with teams typically playing twice a week. (Baseball will occasionally play a third time during the week on a Saturday morning). Teams often play in 1-2 tournaments on weekends during the season.
- Fast Pitch Softball (Girls’ team) — Practices begin indoors in mid or late March. Games are held late afternoons from mid-April until mid-May with teams typically playing twice a week. Teams often play in 1-2 tournaments on weekends during the season.
- Golf and Track — The CAA offers one day meets in golf and track, which students from St. Pascal’s may participate in. Participating in these meets may require additional fees or a separate permission form.
Sign up for fall sports usually takes place in the spring of the previous school year because teams often begin practice on, or before, the first day of school. Any student who is new to the school, or who wishes to participate and did not sign up, may join a team during the first week of school. The following sports are offered in the fall:
- Volleyball (Girls’ team) — Practices normally begin the first week of school. Matches are usually in the late afternoon or early evening two days per week. The season runs from mid-September to late October. Teams typically play one or two weekend tournaments during the season.
- Soccer (One Boys’ and one Girls’ team) — Practices normally begin one or two weeks before the first day of school. Matches are usually played on weekend afternoons, with two or three matches played during the week. The season typically begins the first weekend of school and runs until mid-October.