SPRCS is proud to announce an exciting opportunity for our students. We will be engaging in our first round of intramural sports! For two weeks this November/December students in grades 2-8 will have the opportunity to work on developing and refining their tennis skills. The schedule and registration information is being sent home in your child’s folder.
- The goal of our intramural program is to provide:
- Opportunities for individual development through various sporting activities -Opportunities for social interaction amongst peers
- Recreation for individuals, regardless of their skill ability
- Development in a positive attitude toward lifetime fitness and recreation
- Promotion and enforcement of good sportsmanship and fair play
All students who wish to participate must complete the form that is being sent home. Practices are half an hour long and parent drop off and pick up must be prompt to ensure the efficiency of the program. Parents/guardians may not stay to watch their athlete practice. Please drop students off and pick them up promptly from door 5. Students may not be wandering the halls waiting for their intramural practice time or hanging out after their practice. If students are not picked up within 10 minutes after their assigned practice time they will go to extended day where you will be charged for after care.
At the end of the intramural season (Dec 7, 2023), there will be a culminating event which parents/guardians are highly encouraged to attend. Athletes will be showcasing their skills or engaged in a tournament.
We are also seeking parent/guardian volunteers to help athletes develop skills during each practice session. If you are interested, please contact Dana EKenstedt by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.