Thank you for volunteering at St. Pascal Regional School!
As you may or may not know, all volunteers working with children are required to complete a background check form and participate in a VIRTUS training session. VIRTUS training is a three hour awareness session which better equips adults to protect children in the world around them. It is required of all clergy, deacons, school and parish employees as well as all volunteers who are in regular or unsupervised contact with children under the age of 18. This awareness session makes trainees understand the signs of child sexual abuse, the methods and means by which offenders commit abuse, and five empowerment steps one can use to prevent child sexual abuse.
Registration for VIRTUS is easy, though you do need internet access:
- Go to https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/
- Click on the “Registration” link in the left hand column.
- Select “Saint Paul and Minneapolis (Archdiocese)” from the drop-down box.
- Created your own “User ID” and “Password”
- Follow screen prompts to continue the on-line registration. Make sure that you note that you are a parent/volunteer for St. Pascal’s.
Please complete the forms to the right to complete the process for volunteering. Completed forms should be returned to the school or parish office.
Sign up for sessions at https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/
If you have participated in a VIRTUS session in the past, you do not need to attend again. If you need to verify that you have attended a session, contact Kim Roering in the parish office at 651-774-1585, ext. 128 or firstname.lastname@example.org