4th Grade Teacher
Number of years at St. Pascal’s:
I started teaching in 1985, 2 ½ years. I took some time off and then substitute taught for 6 years. I’ve been back for 19 years.
Favorite thing about St. Pascal’s:
My favorite thing about St. Pascal’s is the students and staff. We are a family here. We work hard together and enjoy some fun times too! Parental support is so important in our mission and our families are the best.
Hobbies outside of school:
My hobbies are fishing, reading and playing with my granddaughters. Going to the movies and hanging out with friends is fun too!
Interesting fact about you:
At the age of 50, I decided to go back and get my Master’s Degree from St. Mary’s University. It was a big challenge, but a dream. I now have my Master’s Degree in “Learn, Design, and Technology” in the field of education. I love the trends in education and enjoy learning new ways to educate my students.
St. Pascal Baylon Religion Philosophy
At St. Pascal Baylon School, our Religion program will help lay a foundation for our students’ spiritual growth and knowledge of the Catholic faith. Through prayer, study, scripture, sacraments, liturgy experiences and service to others, the students will have opportunities to connect their faith to daily living.
Our goal is for all students at St. Pascal Baylon School to grow in their understanding of:
- The teachings and lived traditions of the Catholic faith
- The celebration of the sacraments, especially the Eucharist, Reconciliation and Confirmation
- The Bible as it relates to everyday life
- The development of morals based on our Catholic faith
- The value of praying personally, communally and liturgically
- Their experience with the Church’s social teachings